Friday, February 18, 2011

Wisconsin Vacation- Farm

After spending a week exploring northern California, Munch and I were ready for a change of scenery. So we headed to Wisconsin, where my aunt and uncle have an old family farm. We arrived in Green Bay, which has the quietest airport I have ever seen-
A half hour drive takes you further and further into the beautiful countryside and I got my first view of the farm-
The front porch was a perfect place to relax and on our first night, we were surprised to enjoy a fireworks display happening in a nearby village.
Inside, is the bright blue kitchen where my aunt would turn out huge delicious breakfasts-
Munch and I stayed in the bedrooms at the top of a steep flight of stairs. Hers was a cozy room overlooking the woodshed and cowbarn-
Once we settled in, we explored outside. My aunt has gradually been adding garden areas to the front of the house- and also tied a swing into one of the large trees for Munch to enjoy-
Next to the house is the woodshed- then the garage- then the barn-
Another building housed the tractors and equipment-
And beyond the farm buildings lay acres and acres to explore and enjoy a nice, quiet walk-

No comments: