Tuesday, February 3, 2009

More Birthday Fun!

With all of the excitement over the pony party, I forgot I'd taken these photos on Munch's actual birthday. She's been really into imaginative play with her dolls lately- especially playing preschool, so when I found this playset, I just couldn't resist! That, and I realized our plan to get her a new, "big kid", twin bed for her birthday left Munch with nothing to open on her special day!


Thank goodness I have a little girl, because these Calico Critters playsets are absolutely adorable! The teeny-tiny figures are just amazing- check out the miniature drum set- and those itty bitty drumsticks? They are separate from the drum, not attached!


At our house, the birthday celebrant gets their favorite meal for dinner. AudioDad always gets meatloaf and usually, an apple pie instead of cake. Munch chose mac and cheese with peas.


For dessert, I picked up an adorable little princess cake with pink marzipan instead of green-



if you're not familiar with the princess cake, it's basically a light cake layered with whipped cream and jam, covered in marzipan. It's light, sweet, and just delicious!

1 comment:

Cheffie-Mom said...

Awwwww, how adorable! The Princess cake sounds delicious!