Monday, December 8, 2008
Tag, You're It! (The Christmas version)
(Munch and cousin A. last Christmas)
OK, I admit it. I usually am the LAST person in the world to respond to those emails where you copy & paste in your own answers. But when dear Liz sent one my way, with this:
"26. Who is most likely to respond to this. Janice..."
as the answer to her last question, how could I let her down? So...more about me than you probably ever wanted to know...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both- I LOVE to wrap gifts! But, sometimes it just doesn't work for the shape/size of the gift. BTW, my fave assignment when working retail at Williams-Sonoma (other than the cash reg)? Gift wrapping!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, usually cut down by AudioDad, but I'll use mini-fake ones around the house too.
3. When do you put up the tree? I'm not together enough to put one up the weekend after Thanksgiving. Usually the first or second weekend of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? MMMmmrrawrr (and other Homer-ish souds)...eggnog (drool...)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? a Barbie Dream House
7. Hardest person to buy for? dads
8. Easiest person to buy for? Munch
9. Do you have a nativity scene? nope
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch Who Stole Christmas- the original version- especially ever since Munch's first Xmas and I got a photo of her that reminded me of Susie-Lou Who
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Thanksgiving week
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes (cringe...), but my rules are: -ONLY if it's something I would have purchased anyway
-it's not so unique/personal that it would be apparent to whomever gave it to me (eg. any Bath & Body Works product!)
- and, finally, a girl can only use so many candles and scented soap/lotion sets before I'd have to start bathing multiple times a day with an inferno blazing around me- you really wouldn't believe how many of these I get from students at Christmas & the end of the school year! Gotta be practical!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything seasonal- like Trader Joe's candy cane Joe-Joes!
16. Lights on the tree? There are people who DON'T put lights on the tree?!?
17. Favorite Christmas song? The whole Charlie Brown/Vince Guaraldi CD- it's not the Christmas season until we first play it
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both, but we make the local rounds, no long distance traveling
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Probably, but I can ALSO name more than 40 kindergartners, most of their parents & other caretakers, AND tell you what vehicle they go in!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21.Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning in our pj's
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The weeks of December go by so slowly before we break for winter vacation
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Always multi colored lights and LOTS of them(rule of thumb- a strand of 100 per foot, wrapped from the base out & around each branch), also only red balls (other than the random ones I get as gifts)
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? There's gotta be a ham!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A Wii, but it looks like fate brought me a fridge instead :)
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Can't wait to see!!!