Tuesday, April 14, 2009

More New Stuff!

I know my friends are going to just shake their heads at this post (especially after my enthusiasm over the refrigerator we purchased last fall), but I'm a girl who just loves her appliances...
Hooray! The installer just left- we just purchased a new dishwasher and garbage disposal. Both were the original appliances that were put in when the house was built, about 15 years ago. The poor dishwasher had lost its front panel (boy, was it noisy then!) but still ran okay until a couple of weeks ago, when I noticed that things just weren't as clean. And we had to be SO careful about what we put down the disposal- I learned early on, when we first moved in, what it could handle. Unfortunately, poor AudioDad would still end up under the sink every holiday, when family members would proceed to attempt to grind up all sorts of food scraps. So, here's to sparkling, clean dishes and no more stopped-up disposers!

my lovely new Kenmore Elite dishwasher

3 comments:

Gina said...

Yeah for you! I love new appliances! Congrats! ;-)

Deb said...

You've got to love a new dishwasher! Here's to sparkly clean dishes and putting anything you want down that garbage disposal. I really envy the disposal--if I put too much down mine it come out the shower drain!

Anonymous said...

Hey janice,
Soooo exciting! New appliances are wonderful!
Surah