Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Finally! Fried chicken night at ad hoc!


Ever since this place opened I'd been hearing how great their fried chicken was. Last time AudioDad & I were at ad hoc, he made sure to get a reservation for "Fried Chicken Monday". It was a gorgeous night in Yountville & we got in early enough for a little stroll down Washington St. Who's sitting on the front patio of ad hoc enjoying dinner this evening? Thomas Keller himself!
Dinner was incredible- I started with a glass of bubbly and a mixed green salad with the most wonderful tomatoes. Then our main course arrived- a heaping platter of fried chicken (enough to feed a family), sweet corn on the cob drenched in butter, and mashed potatoes. There was more than enough chicken to take home. I enjoyed a delicious glass of dessert wine with our cheese course, then for dessert we had warm brownies with whipped cream- they were super dark- I'm guessing dutch cocoa- and I think they'll be the next recipe I'll try to replicate at home. I rolled into bed feeling a little too full, but it was worth it!

No comments: