Saturday, November 29, 2008

Do I Get a Lollipop with That?

I haven't trimmed Munch's hair for a long time now- we've been trying to grow it out. About 2 Halloweens ago I gave her a short pixie-ish cut-

it was fairly easy because I was mostly just giving some shape to her baby hair which was finally starting to grow, but had a bit of wave and a cute little flip. My method (which made my stylist laugh...and cringe) was to cut away "anything that didn't look like it belonged there!"
Her hair grew quite quickly actually, like mine does. So here's the before:

I knew I wanted to give her a layered cut with sideswept angled bangs, so I found an interesting technique where you cut with the head turned upside down. Turns out her bangs still aren't long enough to really layer into the cut(we're working on growing those out), but I think it turned out pretty cute and it's still long enough to pull into a ponytail. It also works well enough with her funny hair- it grows totally straight on one side (1st pic), and really wavy on the other (2nd pic).
After:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You always brighten up my day and make me smile. Love that hair, Viv!!!! And the way your mommy decides how to cut it. Getting ready for the Holidays here, had a nice visit with Rob's parents for Thanksgiving. His mom has a fairly severe case of dementia that is hard but Al handles the situation the best he can and so far Mary has not had to go to a Nursing Home. I will write soon. Love to you all. Aunt Lynn and Uncle Rob